Language is social. That's why we focus on holding social events for language learning. If you love people and languages, see how you can get involved.
Whether you'd like to facilitate a certain language, or want to organize your own event, we'd love to have you join our team. See if one of the roles below is right for you.
Facilitators are fluent or highly proficient speakers that help keep the conversation going at individual events. Facilitators sign up for individual events by email. Facilitators receive a free drink at each event they facilitate. As a facilitator, you will:
- Arrive at 6:15 pm the evening of the event
- Welcome guests as they arrive
- Start conversations with people around the room
- Discourage attendees from speaking English
- Help with vocabulary as needed
Event Leaders are the backbone of our events. They work behind the scenes to make sure the conversation goes smoothly and everyone has a good time. Event Leaders receive free drinks when they lead and are invited to special volunteer events. If you're interested, email us to start a conversation about how to get started. As an Event Leader, you will:
- Promote event and monitor RSVPs
- Ensure there are enough Facilitators at your event
- Arrive at 6:00 pm to set up
- Welcome and check-in guests
- Make sure everyone is having a good time!
We have one Language Coordinator for each language we currently offer (French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Arabic, Mandarin, Japanese, Italian). Language Coordinators are the lead for everything related to that language and commit to a 6-month term. As a Language Coordinator, you will:
- Recruit and manage a database of facilitators
- Publish events online
- Promote events, connecting with other speakers in the community
- Manage a Facebook group of speakers, posting in the target language
*We are looking for Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, and Mandarin Language Coordinators to serve for the rest of 2018. Apply here.
Interesting in hosting our next event at your bar or restaurant? Care to sponsor our next event? We'd love to hear from you.
START THE CONVERSATION
Join us at an upcoming event.